The first year of TIP (Transforming and Improving Practices Through Customized Technical Assistance) grants has come to a close and the outcomes are in.
These grants, designed to improve employment and community-based outcomes for people with developmental disabilities, assisted grantees in obtaining these results:
- 3 providers let their 14 (c) certificates expire to close sheltered workshops.
- 1 application and 1 curriculum were developed for pre-employment transition services in Howard County schools.
- approximately 130 more people are working in competitive employment.
- about 200 people are now more engaged in the community and having meaningful days when not working.
Results From Five Grantees in Rural Areas of the State:
- 22 people moved from sheltered work to community employment and/or community-based activities.
- 10 people transitioned from day programs to having meaningful days in their communities.
- 7 people engaged in intensive employment discovery processes.