We want to hear from you! COVID changed how we connect with each other and the world around us. Now that the warm weather is near and we can spend more time outside, the Council wants to know how you will make the most of it.
INCLUSIVE RECREATION IS FUN FOR EVERYONE!
If you are a person with a developmental disability, a family member, or you know someone with a developmental disability, your story could give other people ideas about how to live and play in the community and spend time with the people you love. And, you could win a prize!
The theme for this year’s photo contest is “Recreation and Relationships.”
HOW TO SUBMIT
Email the following by 11:59pm on July 31, 2022 to firstname.lastname@example.org
- A brief story that shows how people with developmental disabilities are taking part in recreation and free time activities in the community and/or are building relationships. In 150 words or less.
- A photo – show us the person featured in your story. Send the photo in jpeg or png formats. Send “actual size” or “original size” resolution.
- Full names of the person or people in the photo and the full name, address, phone number, and email of the person who submitted the photo.
- The signed photo release for each person in the photo.
- $200 – 1st Place
- $175 – 2nd Place
- $125 – 3rd Place
- $100 – Fan Favorite (The photo with the most “likes” on Facebook wins the Fan Favorite category)
GET OTHERS INVOLVED!
Download the photo contest flyer with all of the information to take part in the contest, and share it with your friends, family, and social networks.
If you have any questions about the photo contest, please contact:
Eligibility and Agreements
One entry per person, open to MD residents only, all submissions become the property of theMaryland Developmental Disabilities Council. By submitting a photo and caption, you are giving permission to the Council to share all information provided on our website, social media, and publications. Council staff and Council members cannot participate.
You will receive email confirmation within 3 days of submission. If you don’t receive confirmation, call us at 410-767-3670, ext/ 1. Please leave a message and we will return your call.